cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 printer standard encoder strip came out

avaladez14
Apprentice

Hello, 

the standard encoder strip to my printer came out, and I am not sure what to do with it. the ink catridges slam against the printer as a result. Is there anywhere i can take the printer to get fixed or instructions on how to install the standard encoder strip?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer comes with a 1 yr warranty from Canon.  If its under warranty, please contact support.  

The timing encoder strip is connected to 2 anchor points inside the device.  On most models, one end of the strip connects to a small tab and the other has a spring on it which connects to another tab.  Depending on how it came loose or out, it might be possible for you to re-attach it.  If it is creased or stretched, it might not work properly.

You can try the Canon Parts Dept if a replacement is needed.  Not sure if this is considered a user re-placeable part, but you can ask.  If the tabs that the strip is anchored to are broken, repair or replacement might be the only option.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements