cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black line down middle of copies from Auto Document Feeder. Canon mx922.

ChrisCanon
Apprentice

When printing copies through te Auto Document Feeder (the feeder on top) of my Canon mx922, a black line appears down the middle of the page. How do I clean the ADF/ fix this problem? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ChrisCanon,

The lines on copies that you are experiencing is a result of the scan glass being dirty or scratched.  The scan glass that the printer uses when scanning from the ADF is located to the left of the larger glass area (platen) when you open the cover.  It is the smaller glass strip on the left hand side of the unit.  

Spray some glass cleaner on a paper towel and then clean the smaller glass area.  Once cleaned, try scanning from the ADF again.

MX922 Document Guide.jpg

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ChrisCanon,

The lines on copies that you are experiencing is a result of the scan glass being dirty or scratched.  The scan glass that the printer uses when scanning from the ADF is located to the left of the larger glass area (platen) when you open the cover.  It is the smaller glass strip on the left hand side of the unit.  

Spray some glass cleaner on a paper towel and then clean the smaller glass area.  Once cleaned, try scanning from the ADF again.

MX922 Document Guide.jpg

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also had this problem.  But I had to clean the side glass at least 4 times with cleaner.  Once was not enough! 

Worked for me, thank you!

Worked for me...did a thorough cleaning, but only once, and no line!  Thank you!

My auto feed glass is clean.  Can not see anything on the glass that would give me a verticle black line about 1/3 on the page from to back of the mx922.  Below is a scanned white sheet.  Ideas to remove this line would be appreciated.

IMG_20200506_0003.jpg

Thank you,

Hi jb3flying,

If cleaning the scanning strip on the left hand side does not clear this issue, there may be a scratch on the glass causing this.

Other than using the larger scan glass and scanning each sheet one at time, your PIXMA MX922 would require service.

Patrick,  Appreciate your response.  It was a very small spot that had adhered to the scanner glass.  Needed a flashlight at a side angle to identify.  Issue corrected!  Thank you,  JB

TODDKEMP
Apprentice

Just realized I posted about an MX922, and I was dealing with an MX870...onl which it also worked.  Thanks again!

Announcements