cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX472 Scans are always skewed at an angle

tmgirvin
Apprentice

My feeder document scans always come out skewed with the right side higher than the left in the output image.  The left and right margins are straight, so I'm thinking that if the device is scanning right-to-left, the firmware isn't compensating correctly for the speed of the page feeder.  Is there a way to recalibrate the feeder speed by scanning a grid page or something?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi tmgirvin,

Because the copy is skewed, that would indicate that the issue is with the paper feed or the scanning element of your PIXMA MX472 and not caused by a setting on your computer.

Please try cleaning the automatic document feeder's paper feed rollers.  Open the document feed cover, remove any paper that is loaded and then clean the rollers in that location.

t_tr_03_c13.jpg

If cleaning the rollers does not resolve this issue, your PIXMA MX472 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monady throuigh Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tmgirvin,

Are you scanning to a computer?

If so, please attempt to make a copy.  Does the copy print skewed as well?

If not, what version of Windows are you using?
If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've had a chance to do a flatbed scan and it is not skewed.  The scanner works fine but the feeder makes everything tilted. I made a copy using the document feeder as you suggested and it's skewed just like the scan. I'm running Windows 11 with latest updates, but it's been doing this with various versions of Windows 10, too.  Any thoughts?

Hi tmgirvin,

Because the copy is skewed, that would indicate that the issue is with the paper feed or the scanning element of your PIXMA MX472 and not caused by a setting on your computer.

Please try cleaning the automatic document feeder's paper feed rollers.  Open the document feed cover, remove any paper that is loaded and then clean the rollers in that location.

t_tr_03_c13.jpg

If cleaning the rollers does not resolve this issue, your PIXMA MX472 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monady throuigh Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements