cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX340 will not copy

mlafarlett
Apprentice

I have an MX340 that will print and scan but will not copy.  I've tried from the ADF and by placing the original on the glass. The machine seems to be functioning properly but only renders a blank page.  I've successfully performed the nozzel check and like mentioned before, the MX340 prints and scans perfectly.  Any help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mlafarlett,

Just to verify, please print another nozzle check.  Once printed, please compare your printout to the example below.

Does your nozzle check match the example below?

MX340 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The nozzle check does not print that pattern. It only prints the "BK" portion. The color cartridge is empty and I've never replaced it given i do not have a need for color other than black.  Could the empty color cartridge prevent it from copying?  Even, though i press the 'Start/Black' button?

Hi mlafarlett,

When using the automatic document feeder to make copies, the PIXMA MX340 prints from the color cartridge, combining all of the inks to make black.  To resolve this, please replace the color ink cartridge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements