cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX340 and Windows 11

shaydee5
Contributor

I'm planning on upgrading my laptop (Dell Inspiron 5584), currently running Windows 10 Home, and I'm getting the notification that I can run the Windows 11 upgrade. I want to be sure I can still print to my MX340 printer, but I don't see any available drivers for this version. On the page where you check for Win 11 compatibility, this printer isn't listed. How can I tell if it will work with the new Windows version? I can't go out and buy a new printer now just to ensure it works with this new Windows version. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The MX340 was retired in 2016 and there will be no Windows 11 drivers for this model printer. With that being said, the Windows 10 drivers have been tested to work in the Windows 11 environment. 

Once you update to Windows 11, please click the link below to download and install the Windows 10 printer driver: 

mp68-win-mx340-1_06-ea24.exe

If the driver does not work in Windows 11, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The MX340 was retired in 2016 and there will be no Windows 11 drivers for this model printer. With that being said, the Windows 10 drivers have been tested to work in the Windows 11 environment. 

Once you update to Windows 11, please click the link below to download and install the Windows 10 printer driver: 

mp68-win-mx340-1_06-ea24.exe

If the driver does not work in Windows 11, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for this reply. I have already upgraded my computer to Win 11. I am pretty sure I already have the Win 10 drivers and I was unable to print as of yesterday. I'm going to try installing these drivers again and try printing. I will only note this as an acceptable solution after I test printing with the Win 10 drivers.

I reinstalled the Win 10 printer drivers and I was able to print. I will accept the solution now. Thank you.

I have the same problem. My windows 11 machine recognizes my printer on the network when I try to add a device, but says there are no drivers. But when I try to install the driver linked above, it can't find my printer (even when it is plugged in).

How can I force it find it, or add it, or just install the drivers anyway.

I just received a new computer with Windows 11, will the same driver link in this post work for this situation that I currently have software or drivers for?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Yes, the link will work for you.    

This is the product support page for the MX340

Canon Support for PIXMA MX340 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

All drivers are available there as well.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements