cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Driver Download?

LiteralHatred
Apprentice

Is there a direct download anywhere for this printer?

It was working perfectly, then stopped being recognized by my Windows 10 PC after repeatedly ignoring whatever pervasive pop-up the Canon software brings up every system startup. What a coincidence, my drivers have somehow disappeared.

The driver program I got from the support page will not detect that my printer is connected. I have followed steps outlined in other posts to no avail.

I'm using the Canon supplied USB cable, I have restarted my PC, I have made sure not to turn the printer on until the driver wizard tells me to. Is there any way to bypass this driver wizard and just directly download what I need??

2 REPLIES 2

automaticmath
Apprentice

have you tried bypassing that software and going into your windows settings and then in the devices settings? also, check the usb port. USB 3.0 ports are usually blue although not always.

anyhow, if it's connected to a USB 3.0 port, try connecting to a USB 2.0 or vice versa. most of the time it doesn't matter other than that the 3.0 ports are faster but sometimes devices are weird. 

(*ᴗ͈ˬᴗ͈)ꕤ*.゚

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Drivers for your product are available here:

Canon Support for PIXMA MG2522 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

During the installation, do you hear a detection sound when you are prompted to connect the printer?  

Printer drivers do not display pervasive pop-ups or disappear from your machine on their own.  It sounds like there is another problem.  3rd party anti-virus software or hardware issue that is keeping the device from properly detecting.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements