cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP350 printer problem

lgudorf
Apprentice

I have a Canon MP350 combination Printer/fax/copier that is approximately 4 years old. When it is first turned on or when you start a print project, it has always gone through an indexing or prepping sequence where it run some of the internal rollers etc before printing starts.  Recently, when this happens, it makes a very loud sound like a set of gears are striping out and it will go through this two or three time before starting to print.  After this is complete, all works well and the paper indexes through the machine with no problem.  The Duplex printing works OK as well.  I have not taken the cover off to see exactly when the noise is originating from, put am willing to try something.

I welcome any feedback on this problem.

1 REPLY 1

jfo
Rising Star
Rising Star

This sounds like something beyond the scope of routine maintenance or troubleshooting via the internet. 

If the printer is working normally, keep on using it, but after four years and with this noise, I wouldn't be suprised if it encounters problems later that aren't worth fixing (i.e. you might have to upgrade in the near feature).

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements