cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 will not stay on

Englishguy24601
Apprentice

My cannon MG7520 printer will turn on and start to go through its normal routine, but then unexpectedly turns off. The power cord has been checked, unplugged and replugged. Same result. Looking for other solutions if there are any.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

94 REPLIES 94

Good for you! Only one way to know for sure…power up that printer! Fingers crossed! 🙂

I can tell you that after making the DNS change, I’ve used the printer about a dozen different times today—PC & iPhone—without any issues.

Sorry to say the printer didn’t work this morning. I’ll try to reset again. This is pretty frustrating….

Sorry to hear that. Do you write down the DNS IP yesterday before changing it—if you were able to change it? If so, did it begin with 192.168.XXX.XXX

Actually I wasn’t able to do that. I have a MG7520. I just redid the set up on the lcd printer menu. I’m going to let it go today. I have some other things to do that don’t require the printer. But I’m considering getting a different printer….

thanks for the concern. 

No problem. I have an MG7520 as well. After you disconnect from the internet, it should be this easy to change following the instructions:

C9E3C6C3-26DE-4101-982C-FEA9BF78A0B3.png

Thank you!  I’ll try again. 

Do I need to disconnect my wifi for everything. My printer won’t stay on long enough to disconnect from there

If you can disconnect your internet access from your router, you can leave the WiFi on. If you have a separate modem and router, just unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the modem and your printer should power up normally. You’ll be able to make the DNS change at that point. After you make the change. Turn off the printer. Reconnect the ethernet plug and you should be back to printing without issue.

Thank so much!!!! The photo really helped. It’s working!!!!! 

I’m still feeling a little uneasy though. I wonder if Canon will ever address this. 

Awesome! Until they do, at least it’s working. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements