cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 will not stay on

Englishguy24601
Apprentice

My cannon MG7520 printer will turn on and start to go through its normal routine, but then unexpectedly turns off. The power cord has been checked, unplugged and replugged. Same result. Looking for other solutions if there are any.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

94 REPLIES 94

lorenepler
Contributor

Strangely enough this same thing just started happening for me today as well. With my MG7520 printer. Haven't used it in a few days. But today when turning it on, it goes through a cycle of internal printer head movement or whatever for ~20 seconds, then just turns off. Tried removing print cartridges as well, same issue. No error messages on the screen before it turns itself off.

Same issue which started this morning. 

ramira3
Apprentice

I am having the same issue, which started today.

Contributor

MG7520 printer. The printer starts and turns off after 15-20 seconds. IF I can get it to turn back on, I receive “The printer was not turned off correctly…” message. Usually it starts through a cleaning process and shuts off. I have discovered today, that if it turn off my router, the printer acts normal. As soon as I turn on the router, 10-15 seconds later, the lcd screen freezes and the printer turns off. I have tried resetting the wireless settings with the same outcome. This started happening within the last week or two. I’ve never had this issue in the past.

dkrprint
Apprentice

MG7520 printer.  Same story here, 5/31/22!  About 20 seconds of power up time, then all shut down.

I was getting ready to toss MG7520 in the trash this morning. This can’t be a coincidence among 5 different printers. Is 5/31/22 planned doomsday for the MG7520?

Same. 

Yeah, and I can't find anyone else with this exact problem prior to today.

Same here. Something’s up. I’m glad I didn’t toss mine. Yet…

Contributor

I was searching this morning for the “power was not turned off” message and came across this post regarding turning off your router/access point:

Power-was-turned-off-incorrectly-the-last-time 

My MG7520 seems to function normally until I power up the router—frozen screen, shuts down. If I leave the router on and power up the printer, I may get to the message again or it just shuts down while cleaning. 

Announcements