I'm experiencing a problem when installing the Mg5750 printer drivers on a Win 10 system.
I've followed the instructions for the WPS connection through the wireless router and I can see the printer from my laptop. I downloaded the file win-mg5700-1_0-mcd.exe and launched the setup. When it tries to install the MP drivers an error occurs showing the following message "new port could not be created: 0000".
I've searched online for solutions, I tried to uninstall the Canon app from Programs and Features and to repeat the process, but it doesn't work. I have no DVD drive, so I cannot do the unistallation procedure from disk.
Could you please advice on how to solve this issue?
I'm having this same problem. I'm running win 10 on my laptop trying to install software and drivers for wirelss connection to Canon PIXMA MG5520 printer and receive MP Drivers Cannot create new port. I have another laptop running the same sofware and drivers and can print wirelessly from that laptop to the Canon printer.
To resolve this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers.
4. If there are any Canon MG5500's in this window, please right click it and left click on Remove Device. Repeat until all Canon MG5500's are removed.
5. Once complete, please click on Control Panel in the upper left corner (or the Back button).
6. At the bottom of the first column and click on Uninstall a Program.
7. In the list that appears, please click on the "Canon MG5500 series MP Drivers" and then click on Uninstall at the top.
8. Follow the prompts to uninstall.
9. Click on "Canon IJ Network Scan Utility" and then Uninstall at the top. Follow the prompts to uninstall.
10. Click on "Canon IJ Network Tool" and then Uninstall at the top. Follow the prompts to uninstall.
11. When complete, please reboot your computer.
After your computer restarts, please use this link:
1. Click the Select button next to "MG5500 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02" and then click the Download button.
2. Once the download is complete, please open or run "mp68-win-mg5500-1_02-ejs.exe". If you are unable to locate this file, with your web browser still open, please press the CTRL and J keys on your keyboard. This will open your Downloads folder.
Follow the prompts to install the drivers on your computer.