cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3600 WiFi printing ok with Chrome, scanner not found

not_eppi
Contributor

Hello,

The MG3600 can print in WiFi (only via Chrome for PDF), but when I try to scan using WiFi connection it cannot find the scanner. Switching to the printer is fine, it still works, but the scanner doesn't.

I tried to remove the firewall, but nothing changed.

Any suggestion beyond returning the printer to the store?

Thanks,

not_eppi

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please try the steps HERE to scan into your Chromebook. If these steps dont work and you have an Android or iOS device, please download our free Canon print inkjet selphy app. The app has a scan feature and once the scans are saved on your Android or iOS device, you can send them to your Chromebooks. 

not_eppi
Contributor

Thanks Arthur, I will try the Selphy, althuogh I may have tricked you. I do not have a Chromebook, but a MacBook. The issues (already pointed out in another thread) is that Acrobate reader and the Preview software from Apple are not producing any print out. On the other hand, if PDF is opened in Chrome, I can print it.

Now I am having the issue with the scanner. I do not have a cable yet, so not sure if the scanner is working at all, but I am not able to start it from Wi-Fi, whereas the printer works from Wi-Fi. 

Hope this clarifies it.

not_eppi

I am amazed at the fact that I can scan and print from the phone app,but i can't connect via wireless the scanner. Also, the Canon IJ software can't find the printer but the bonjour mac and the app on the phone can? That's awkward, but I am no expert. 

Announcements