cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3600 False Paper Jam

mns6
Apprentice

Hi, I have a MG3600 printer. I keep getting the error that there is a paper jam. I have followed both of these directions: https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MG3600%20series/EN/ERR/1303.html and https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MG3600%20series/EN/ERR/err_other0100.html, and I have found NO paper. I can't get the error to go away. I've been trying for days. I'm working from home now, and I really need this printer to work. I'm hoping I don't have to buy a new one. Any advice on how to get the error to go away would be much appreciated! 

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit), and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

It is a Pixma MG3620. 

I print connecting via USB from two computers: 

Mircosoft Surface Pro - Windows 10 Pro with a USB connection

Mac Retina 12 inch (but I do not have the operating system info since it is currently being repaird) 

I also print wirelessly from an iPhone 10X iOS 13.3.1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI mns6,

If you are still getting an error code after checking the rear of the printer for jams you can try checking the ink loading area for jams using the steps in the link provided HERE. When checking the inside of the printer for jams, take a close look at the inside left and right of the printer for any torn paper or obstructions.

If you continue to receive a jam error, it would look like there is a hardware issue with the printer. You can click the link HERE to check to see what additional service options you have avaialable.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements