cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2522 adds extra white side space to pictures

karsjensvalerie
Apprentice

My printer is connected and works fine for documents; however when I print pictures there is an added white bar of 0.5 inches to one side of the pictures (sometimes at the bottom, sometimes to the left depending on orientation).  How do you get pictures (i.e. a 4 x 6 to print out 4 x 6) without 0.5 inch of white added to the 4 x 6 picture? 

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you want the image to completely cover the paper you need to select borderless printing.

You need to check your printer manual to see how to do it for your particular printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

karsjensvalerie
Apprentice

The only reference that I have run in to is "borderless printing is only available with paper rolls" - nothing more. I will have to download another manual as I seem to have misplaced the manual that came with the printer just to make sure on what I am remembering from reading online. I can't believe that a printer was designed like that. I have never even seen photo paper sold in rolls.  There is a box to check for borderless printing but checking that does not make a difference. 

karsjensvalerie
Apprentice

INFORMATION FOUND IN ONLINE MANUAL:  If printing on roll paper, you can set borderless printing in the printer driver settings. (If printing on sheets, borderless printing is not possible) Prints without Edges Based on the Scenarios (Windows) Prints without Edges Based on the Scenarios (macOS).  My question now is what and where do I find "Scenarios"?  

If the manual you are reading is talking about roll paper it is the wrong manual.

See here: Canon : Manuals : MG2520 : Select Device

Screenshot 2022-12-24 100031.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements