cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 8220

johnp
Apprentice

New printer--wireless; prints fine from desk top and laptop.  Unable to scan--wanted to scan and email a doc.

Any suggestions?  Tks much.

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hi johnp!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know any error messages you're getting, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

Using Windows 8 on the desktop, Windows 7 Home Premium ed on the laptop.  No error message.  It just says "local USB".  I do not have the printer hooked up to the desktop with a USB cable, and perhaps I have set it up incorrectly.  But, it prints fine, but does not seem to want to execute the scan operation.  Do I need a USB cable hook-up to send scanned info from the printer to the PC?  If not, how can I go back and reinstall the scan function wirelessly.  Having trouble finding any info on this.

Thanks, JohnP 

Hi johnp,

Please try the following to resolve the issue:

1. Check that IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is running.

If IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is running, its icon appears in the notification area of the taskbar.

figure: IJ Network Scanner Selector EX menu

Note

• If the icon is not displayed in the notification area of the taskbar, from the Start menu, select All Programs> Canon Utilities > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX.

The icon appears in the notification area of the taskbar, and the Scan-from-PC Settings screen appears. In that case, skip ahead to Step 3.

3. In the notification area of the taskbar, right-click the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon and select Settings....

figure: IJ Network Scanner Selector EX menu

The Scan-from-PC Settings screen appears.

5. Select the machine from Scanners.

Normally, the MAC address of the machine is already selected after the network setup. In that case, you do not need to select it again.

figure: Scan-from-PC Settings screen

Important

• If multiple scanners exist on the network, multiple model names are displayed. In that case, you can select one scanner per model.

7. Click OK.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks much--I will give this a try. JohnP

I'm having the same problem with my MG8220... Running an iMac running OSX 10.9.5. The printer runs great, as does the copier function. When I go to scan, the message says "Processing... Please wait momentarily"... then simply defaults back to the starting point without scanning. I've tried to scan from each option including auto scan, PDF and the others with no success. Thanks. Mike

Announcements