cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG-7520 red orange triangle lightening bolt, not powering on

kozmik
Apprentice

My MG7520 is getting a red orange triangle with lightening bolt when plugged in. Otherwise no activity, no LCD screen, no power-up.

I've already tried power cycling it multiple times with long waits. 

This happened after the printer was bumped. Maybe is has a shock sensor? Can more diagnostics be read from it via USB? Any way to soft reset the master warning?

How do I get into chat with a technician? 

Thanks much.

27 REPLIES 27

I troied emailing for support and I tried calling - no response to email andf no answer when calling or hold for over 40 minutes. come on. Just admit this is a problem and the printer is dead.

I agree with you about canon support. I think replacing the power supply adapter could be an easy fix. I think they just want to try and charge you money. But you can easily fix this and maybe order the part from them.

Has anyone ever found a fix for this issue? i'm having the same problem

I tried purchasing a power supply from Canon with no luck ... not available.  I finally ended up purchasing one from China, that was pulled from another printer (claimed it was 'good', but no guarantees) and that one did not work.  Short of buying multiple power supplies hoping for one to work ... I have no idea what to do.  So far there is no description for doing any electrical evaluation that would pinpoint the real issue.

Hi Steel. I thought of that same thing but I don't trust ordering used from so far away.

I cleaned my printer head with hot water yesterday. Not a fix. 
I left it unplugged from the power source over night and after plugging it back in, it showed signs of life. The orange lightening bolt was lit up. 

With the cartridges reloaded today I got a 203B Printer Head error. So I doubted my cleaning technique. And sure enough I didn't get it very clean. This time I disassembed the head and found small dried piece of ink. Im soakinging it in rubbing alcohol. I am getting a lot more ink out  of it.  3 hours of soak and rinse and it's still coming out. 

I'll post my results tomorrow.

Thanks for posting.

floridaboy79
Contributor

I am currently experiencing the same problem. Can you tell me if you ever solved this problem and what I should do to fix it? My email is [MOD NOTE: Email removed per FORUM GUIDELINES]

Hi floridaboy79,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This forum is crap, no one has ever responded with an answer, just the suggestion to contact them for more help. I tried 3 times, waited on hold for hours all told and never got to speak to anyone. No one every responded to emails either. I think the printer is dead and I think you should join the rest of us in never purchasing Canon printers again. I would not have minded the death of the printer nearly as much if they had just admitted it was dead and not continued to waste my time. Worst customer service ever.

I have a very good response and you might want to try it.

You may want to replace the power supply that pops out on the bottom.
Announcements