cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IX 6820 Drivers not installing on Mac OS Monterey 12.4

Sweejak
Contributor

It's hard enough to find drivers, but when I do they won't install. I'm on an M1 Mac and get the message "Installation failed. Contact software manufacturer, and that's what I'm trying to do.

14 REPLIES 14

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please try downloading the printer driver directly from this post. Once the file downloads, select the file and run the installer. 

mcpd-mac-ix6800-16_40_1_0-ea21_3.dmg

Were you able to install this file? 

Let me also say that I can run the printer but there is no Printer Utility in my version, I cannot print a test page, clean the print head or adjust the print head. These were all functioning on earlier versions pre-Monterey.

Thanks @ArthurJ!

Just to let you know "mcpd-mac-ix6800-16_40_1_0-ea21_3.dmg" worked for me on macOS 12.6.1 (Monterey). My process:

1. download dmg
  2. open dmg
  3. open installer
  4. follow prompts and wait
  5. approve system preferences kext security request (important!)
  6. restart Mac when prompted

After that my printer PIXMA iX6850 was able to be added using the USB connection.

This was very much worth doing for me, for the following two reasons:

1. there are many more print options over USB compared to AirPrint
  2. I don't have WiFi at my art studio

Sweejak
Contributor

no, it won't install.

Sweejak
Contributor

No replies, Arthur J?

Hi, Sweejak!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

What about my drivers that won't install?

Hi Sweejak,

Are you using your PIXMA iX6820 with a USB cable?
Or are you using your PIXMA iX6820 wirelessly?

Again, if you would like this issue resolved more quickly, please consider creating an account so that you can phone or chat with a support representative:

https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/us/signin

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My Pixma ix6820 is connected wirelessly. I do have a Canon Account.

Announcements