cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP8720 Borderless Printing Issue

LisaM1018
Apprentice

I am currently experiencing an issue with borderless printing.  When I create a 5X7 document (or any document where borderless printing is an option) and choose the paper type of 5X7 borderless.. it doesn't ever stay that way, it always reverts to 5X7 so when I go to print the document it says 5X7 not 5X7 borderless... I have to click on scale to print on paper handling to change to borderless printing.   When the item prints it is missing approx 1/4" of the document at the top and has a 1/4 border on the bottom.  

Any thoughts on how to resolve this in order to actually use borderless printing?  I always have to make adjustments with the actual document by moving the top of the document down which is ridiculous because its a guessing on how far I have to move it. 

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LisaM1018,

What kind of 5x7 paper are you printing on?

What version of Windows are you using?
If using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

What application are you printing from?

What file type are you printing (PDF, JPG, BMP, etc) ?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using a Mac book Pro on 5x7 110 lb Cardstock.  I have tried printing from Pages and also tried creating a 5X7 png in Canva and printing from Preview with the same result.  I have done a lot of research and read somewhere that you can only print borderless on Photo paper do you know if that is accurate .. and if so can I use the photo print setting while printing on cardstock .. would that change the quality of my print.   It makes no sense that the paper type would matter.

I have this issue when printing pdfs to a Imagerunner C5540i using Windows 10 Pro. I test on 20lb paper before using heavier weight 60lb paper.  It is very frustrating to have the edge added to documents. Please help!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The type of paper selected in the driver will definitely affect borderless printing capability. In order to prevent head strikes and smudging at edges selecting heavier weight paper types impose a set margin. 

Typically card stock is uncoated, so dye inks like your printer uses, will be absorbed into the card stock and lose sharpness due to “dot gain”. Put a tiny drop of water on the card stock and see what happens. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements