cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select paper source (for Pixma G7020) while printing with Microsoft Word 2019?

elzorroazul777
Apprentice

In general, I am familiar with choosing selecting the paper source based on my printing needs but I can not find an option to change the paper source after navigating to File -- Page Setup -- Paper -- Paper Source, where 'default' is my only option. I have installed the Canon printer drivers found here.

Please advise.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay, I figured it out. I should have mentioned that I am using Windows in a VM environment on a Macbook using Parallels. Thanks to the screenshot you posted, I was able to see that the printer dialogue that was being presented to me was not necessarily the dialogue that would be presented in a native Windows environment. I then realized that perhaps Parallels was sharing it's printers with Windows and because of the added complexity features were dropped off. This turned out to be true, as far as I could tell, because after disabling printer sharing through the Parallels VM settings I was able to see the 'default/standard' printer dialogue which included the option to choose more paper sources than just the default cassette.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you see this print dialogue page?

Screenshot 2023-03-29 091525.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Okay, I figured it out. I should have mentioned that I am using Windows in a VM environment on a Macbook using Parallels. Thanks to the screenshot you posted, I was able to see that the printer dialogue that was being presented to me was not necessarily the dialogue that would be presented in a native Windows environment. I then realized that perhaps Parallels was sharing it's printers with Windows and because of the added complexity features were dropped off. This turned out to be true, as far as I could tell, because after disabling printer sharing through the Parallels VM settings I was able to see the 'default/standard' printer dialogue which included the option to choose more paper sources than just the default cassette.

Works great for my pc.  Problem is I can't find a printer app for my phone or tablet that provides that option.  Every time I forget to change the optionals menu from "photo" to "plain"  and change borderless to normal, the print goes to the rear tray which I don't use.  So I have to either open rear tray and insert paper, or cancel the print job and start again. Anything that assumes an object is a photo (real or not) goes through this process.  Anybody got a better Android print utility? Samsung, Canon, Brother, etc. all fail this need.

Harris

I’m having the same problem printing from either an Android phone or iPad. It shouldn’t be this difficult to chose a paper source.

I'm not a tech, but Parallels was likely just using the Air Print standard, rather than the actual driver interface. I'm glad you were able to figure it out! 

Announcements