Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of these issues. Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.
To everybody struggling, I would like to clear this up:
- MX452 doesn't have an ethernet (wired) port
- WPS is EXTREMELY insecure and can be bruteforced in less than 10 hours. I don't recommend to anybody using WPS
This leaves 2 options:
- use a USB cable for the printer
- set up the printer over normal wireless
However, to set up the printer over normal wireless (not the insecure WPS), you need to install Canon's software, connect the printer and configure it for EACH computer you want to access the printer wirelessly from. You get what you pay for... Canon for $80 retail, what do you expect...
How to get Windows 8.1 to print to MX452 wirelessly (not WPS):
1. Connect printer to computer via USB cable
2. Install Canon software
3. Set up the printer for wireless printing in the wizard
- you most likely will end up with 2 printers: 1 for USB 1 for wireless inside Windows. Delete the one for USB
- with Windows 8 and 8.1, when the printer goes into "sleep", I have to restart it completely, or it will not print anything in the queue
I resolved the problem with the wifi setup for the MX452; I purchased a new router that is Windows 8 compliant. After setting up the new Netgear WNDR3700v4 router, all my computers connect to the printer wirelessly with no problems. My old Netgear WNDR2000 router did not have firmware updates for Windows 8 so my computers could not communicate with the printer wirelessly.
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.