cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 Won't print, won't print a test page, nothing, zip, nada on Windows 11

rshisler
Apprentice

I've got the G7020, couple issues, first the install software only works on the Administrator account in Windows 11, even though my user account is an admin account. Next, it won't even print a test page, it's connected via USB on port USB003, I've tried difference USB ports on the computer, I've tried installing drivers several times (from the Canon support site). Windows 11 shows it's there, but I always get "Printer not responding". I could sure use some help with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I called Canon tech support, removed all instances of my Canon G7020 from the USB section of device manager, turned off the printer, rebooted the computer. After Win 11 booted up I turned the printer back on and it worked.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Register your product at this website: Canon Support for PIXMA G7020 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Then give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

msteffen
Apprentice

Thank you for the guidance. Please tell me why it is necessary to take my and Canon's valuable time to place a phone call to obtain a Windows 11 printer driver? Other Canon drivers do not require this waste of time. Windows 11 is over a year old and is not some fringe operating system. According to AdDuplex 23% of Windows systems are running Windows 11. Microsoft has reported that 800 million computers run Windows. Which means 160 million PC's are running Windows 11. I have to move documents to my Chromebook to print. Even on that the number of copies feature doesn't work, it prints just one copy no matter what. What is the problem with Canon drivers? Very frustrating. These aren't cheap printers.

1. you are not the OP, so no one has provided you with any information.

2. A W11 driver is available on the Canon website. Since you are apparently unable to install that driver you can either call Canon to get assistance or cite meaningless statistics and continue to be unable to print from your W11 PC.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I called Canon tech support, removed all instances of my Canon G7020 from the USB section of device manager, turned off the printer, rebooted the computer. After Win 11 booted up I turned the printer back on and it worked.

Great to hear.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Can't get to Canon site.image.png

The USA Canon site came right up for me? Are you using a anonymous vpn or proxy? if, so disconnect and try again.

I get that sometimes. 1. try clearing your browser history; that resolves my issues. 2. if that doesn't work you can call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I think you meant to write browser cache not browser history. No, I'm not going to do either or call Canon about it.

Announcements