cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromebook/Canon MG2522 Compatibility

BtSIC
Apprentice

Hi, i researched printers before i bought the Canon MG2522 and i saw a article that said that even though this printer is not Chrome OS compatible that i would be able to print using the USB cable; so, i purchased it and now i am in great fear that this is not going to work!!! Please advise on what to do because i made sure that i understood that this would work, am on disability and very reserved by funds; what to do O Lord My God, what to do??? Also i tried to access this link: https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/1686197?rd=1 but received this notification: 

BtSIC_0-1674854892419.png

Help please help!!!

Desperately,

BtSIC =BytheSpirit InChrist

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

While the printer is not compatible with Chromebooks, you can try to see if the Chromebooks built in print system will detect the printer. 

please try the following:

1. Open your web browser on the Chromebook 
a. Select Settings.
b. At the bottom, select Advanced.
c. Under "Printing," select Printers.
d. Under "Available printers to save," next to your printer, select Save.
e. Check that your printer appears at the top, under "Saved printers."

Please be advised that since the printer is not compatible, Canon is unable to guarantee the steps above will work. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi AuthurJ 
My printer is not listed; so, i searched the web trying to find out how to locate the ip address. Only to find out that my MG2522 does not have one.

So now the question stands, do i have to just purchase a new laptop???

BtS IC = BytheSpirit InChrist

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since the printer is not a wireless printer, it will not have an IP address. For this model printer you would either need a Windows or Mac computer. This model printer wont work with phones, or iPads either. 

You would need a new computer or laptop to work with the printer or a choose a printer that is wireless. The closest printer that would be close to what you already have is the TS3100 or TS3500 series printers. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

BtSIC
Apprentice

Blessings O!!! God Honor You For Your Timely Response O Great Blessings Of The Deep Delight Under Be Unto You And Yours In The Name Of Jesus O Amen and Amen O!!!

i did what you suggested and got to this screen and  . . . 

BtSIC_0-1675193898393.png

i Am unsure what to enter into address box. Also, was i supposed to turn the printer on before i did this??? (forgive me for my ignorance in the matter.)

Announcements