cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon iP8720 driver for Mac Pro with Mac OS Monterey v.12.5

sallywag
Apprentice

My old MacBook  (purchased in @2015 together with my Canon printer iP8720) burned up in a fire and I just purchased a new MacBook Pro which has the latest operating system, Mac OX Monterey v. 12.5.  I want to install the driver for the iP8720, but it appears there is no driver compatible with the OS on my new MacBook.  Is this accurate? And does it mean I need to trash my perfectly good Canon iP8720 printer and purchase a new printer which has compatibility?  If so, this makes me very angry; and I will opt for a product other than Canon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

There is a driver for MacOS 12. Please click HERE to open the Canon support page and make sure MacOS12 is listed as  the operating system. You will want to download and install the iP8700 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

There is a driver for MacOS 12. Please click HERE to open the Canon support page and make sure MacOS12 is listed as  the operating system. You will want to download and install the iP8700 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your reply.  Yes I was able to download the driver and my printer is working.  I did go into that page originally and clicked on MacOS 12 and nothing came up and in fact I got a message telling my version of Mac was unsupported.  I recommend looking at your interface on that page and fixing that bug.  It would also be nice to have a direct line to Canon support, instead of having to first reach out to other Cannon users via this "Canon community," and only getting your reply days later.  In any event, I do appreciate your eventual reply and am very glad to be able to use my printer.

There is a Canon support line at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements