cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG 3600 series Code 5 error message 156.69

ValCar
Apprentice

New Printer. Scanner won't work. Printer on, WiFi on. Tried with USB connection too. Nothing happens. This seems to have been an ongoing problem with Canon printers for years. Why isn't it sorted.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ValCar,

The 5,156,69 error that you are experiencing is caused when security software installed on your computer is blocking the incoming data from your scanner.  Please temporarily disable the software or contact that software's support for assistance with allowing the MG3620's scanner through their software.  Examples of such software are Webroot, Norton, TotalAV and McAfee.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Patrick. I don't think I have any of those. All I've got is Adblock Ultimate.

ValCar
Apprentice

As far as I can see all I've got is Ad Block Ultimate. Does that cause the problem?

Hi,

It's possible and it also could be a Windows built in security/firewall setting. If disabling Ad block does not reslove the issue, please contact Microsoft support. They will troubleshoot the computer itself to narrow down what is causing the communication issue to the scanner. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements