cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B200 error

aalauf
Apprentice

I have a Pixma mx9222 printer. It has started showing the evil B200 error. I have changed cartridges, changed the printhead, done a reset. It continues to persist.I tried the trick by Debillkeef involving opening and closing the door, but while that gets me to the menu, the error pops up as soon as I try anything( cleaning, print alignment page, even cleaning rollers ). What else can I try ? I would try to clean the ink waste tank, but I would have to take half the printer apart to do that, and I want to avoid that until as a last resort.

2 REPLIES 2

aalauf
Apprentice

An update. I kept trying various stuff. My last try, I tried a deep clean. It started like it has been, but this time, instead of eventually popping up the B200 error, it died completely ! No life what so ever. I unplugged it, tried the power button. Nothing. Maybe it popped a fuse this time ? Maybe it was the power supply that was bad, but if so, it could have had the good manners to die BEFORE I bought a new print head. And if so, a more informative error code. So now I have either an escalation of the old problem, or a completely new one in addition.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi aalauf,

The B200 error is an indication that your PIXMA MX922 would require service.  If your PIXMA MX922 was purchased less than a year ago, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat to obtain your in warranty options. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

If your PIXMA MX922 is out of warranty, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements