cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoombrowser tags - exporting to Imagebrowser

lchampeon
Apprentice

I have used Zoombrowser for years to tag my photos on asn XP box.  Windows no longer supports XP, so I now have a Windows 8.1 box and will probably upgrade to Windows 10 in the near future..  Is there a way I can maintain the tags I have put on my photos so I can search for particular topics, keywords etc.  Has anyone else had this issue and how did they solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lchampeon,

Thank you for posting.

The ratings and keywords used in ZoomBrowser EX do not transfer to ImageBrowser EX. I regret the difficulty this causes.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lchampeon,

Thank you for posting.

The ratings and keywords used in ZoomBrowser EX do not transfer to ImageBrowser EX. I regret the difficulty this causes.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the prompt reply.  I must say I dread having to re-tag what amounts to about 1500 photos in some other software.  I truly liked the ease of the Zoombrowser system and frankly don't understand why Canon has chosen to take this route.

Backward compatibility is a sign of professional service. This is really properly broken and I'm very disappointed with Canon failing so utterly at something that simple. How could they ignore the literal hours some customers have spent putting all their images in good order, with a feature that they themselves have provided?

Please don't do that. It's really totally lame.

I've been around the web these past few days and could see that we're not the only ones being very annoyed by this. So much so that nunopicado has released ZB Meta Save, an utility to break free from Canon's lameness. It will embed ZoomBrowser's keywords into the picture files' EXIF tag. It's available on Sourceforge:

ZB Meta Save Sourceforge page

Oh and remind me to stay away from Canon software in the future...

"Did this answer your question?" Please change the solution post to this one so that others can still find their photos as well. Smiley LOL

Announcements