cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement for zoombrowser ex

johnp43
Contributor

Not sure I should be here, but here goes. Got a new computer and tried to install Zoombrowser ex, not available anymore. Found out I needed Imagebrowser ex. Started install and got window stating I needed MS Lightview. Tried to install and MS told me it was no longer available. Any suggestions? If I need this to go elsewhere, please let me know.

6 REPLIES 6

normadel
Authority
Authority

These are both old programs.

The first question is:  What do you want them for?  Transferring images from camera to computer? Managing your photo collection? 

Manage photo collection. I use EOS Utility 3 to download from camera. I use DP Pro 4 to convert .cr2 to .jpg. I used Zoombrowser ex to select pictures I want to post to Facebook and do minor editing (crop, do easy full photo lightening, etc.). Also, did a lot of printing from ZB. 

normadel
Authority
Authority

The replacement for Zoombrowser and Imagebrowser is called "My Image Garden".  It is part of the software that comes with Pixma Inkjet printers. Here is where to get it:

https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1013223/~/my-image-garden-ver.3.6.4a-%...

Yes, it's Canon Canada. oesn't matter.

Launched your solution and saw My Image Garden plus others. Getting ready to leave house for a while, so I'll doenload and try this afternoon. Thank you!!

Meant download. Thanks again.

I might be missing something, but it really doesn't work well for me. Previously, I would download pics(always .cr2) and then automatically run DP4. In DP4 I would create .jpg files and then batch process to get all files to my pictures folder. I might run basic edits on some pictures, then I would select pictures to post to Facebook and post them. Going back to older pictures was easy and quick. Maybe it's because My Image Garden is new to me, but it looks as if I might have to see if I can copy ZoomBrowser EX from my old computer and get that working.

Announcements