cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T1i Utility 2 Download

RebaTN68
Apprentice

I've dusted off my EOS Rebel T1i that I haven't used in more than 5 years. I wanted to load images to my Macbook Pro before deleting them from my image card. However, when I open EOS Utility, it refuses to open and prompts me to download Utility 2.  I come to the Canon site and can't locate it. My Mac is also old and is on Catalina OS. Aperture also prompted me to migrate my library to Photos app, which since it won't open, not able to do either. Where do I get the Utility 2 download and since Aperture is obsolete, where else other than photos can I move my photos so i can edit them and store them to be used whether I'm on Mac or PC, since I work in both and my PC is newer? 

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Reba and welcome to the forum:

If all you want to do is transfer image files to your computer, you don't need any software to do so as long as it has either a built-in or USB connected SD card reader. 

Follow this procedure - it is the fastest and more reliable method:

1. Shut the camera down and remove the SD card
  2. Place said card in a SD card reader, either built-in to your computer or via a USB port. When the card is connected, it should be seen as a removable drive by your file manager.
  3. Access the card, and the folder DCIM, that is where your images are.
  4. Select all the images and copy them across to a location on your computer's hard disc, just as you would any other files.
  5. After checking the files are all there, remove the card (for WIndows machines, you should use the Eject feature which you access by RIGHT+CLICK on the SD card icon). 
  6. Return the card to your camera
  7. Turn it on and format the card clean using the camera's Format command.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements