cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve images after deleting Canon Connect app??

judys
Apprentice

I just deleted the Canon Connect app.  Is there anywhere on the iPhone I can retrieve those images?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Once you connect to the camera, the preview are the images on the camera.  They are not transferred until you select the individual images or all for transfer.  At the conclusion, you're prompted to open the photos app at which point you'd be viewing what's been transferred to your device.  Deleting the app from your device does not remove images transferred previously.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

judys
Apprentice

Actually, I saw the images when I connected via bluetooth, but maybe they never downloaded??  Maybe the app was just showing what could be downloaded to the phone if I selected them??

Judy,

Well, you'll need some kind of an app to handle the transfer. The photos should still be on then card in your camera. You could re-install Canon's Camera Connect. Theren's another app called Camera Connect and Control. That's a paid app though.

Steve Thomas

judys
Apprentice

So when the pictures show up in the app, they're not actually transferred to the phone in any way (is what I'm understanding)

Judy,

I could be wrong, but I think the initial step is a kind of thumbnail preview.

I 'm pretty sure that you have to take the second step of downloading or saving them to your phone.

Steve Thomas

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Once you connect to the camera, the preview are the images on the camera.  They are not transferred until you select the individual images or all for transfer.  At the conclusion, you're prompted to open the photos app at which point you'd be viewing what's been transferred to your device.  Deleting the app from your device does not remove images transferred previously.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements