cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 does not connect to EOS Utility 3 on Mac OS Ventura

tadypetr
Apprentice

Hi, 

I can't connect my Canon EOS R6 to my MacBook Air M1 through EOS Utility 3. I used it in the past, but after Mac OS update to Ventura it doesn't work. I have the newest firmware in the camera, the Utility is also updated to the newest version(I tried older ones, doesn't work either), I have the WiFi and Bluetooth disabled (as I read some tips), Image Transfer app on my Mac recognizes my camera normally and I can import images, but not through Utility 3. I tried reinstalling multiple times. I really need to use the Live View function on my project today and I can't. Tried everything. 

Can you please help me?

Petr.

10 REPLIES 10

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello tadypetr,

As of now, we do not officially have any software compatible with the new macOS 13 as of yet. You can try downloading the software from the macOS 12 drop-down page if you'd like. We do know there have been some issues when doing that however, as a heads up. We are looking into whether there is something on our end that we can do about that. I do apologize for the inconvenience. If you have the EOS Webcam Utility installed, make sure that is closed. There is an icon for it in the top right corner of your computer screen that needs to be closed as well. This will keep the EOS Utility from communicating properly with the camera as well. You may click on the following link to visit the product download page for the EOS R6.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-r6 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I am able to connect my 1D X Mark III to MacBook Air M2 Ventura with the 3.16.1 version of EOSU.

Check in System Settings for any security alerts that you might need to authorize.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Safari doesn't seem to allow editing a response. Screenshots.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 6.27.01 PM.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

John,

Excellent suggestion.  Ventura has USB Security, Gatekeeper, Possible need for Full Disk Access (Applications), as well as Firewall if enabled.  Many possible reasons why a device does not connect.  

@Tadypetr, taking the EU out of the picture completely, does the camera connect and mount in MAC OS?  Can you browse its files.  Once this is resolved, the EU should also work.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The camera is connected, I can see it in Image Transfer native Mac OS app. What's even weirder, that the EU app works, when connected wirelessly, but not by cable. I checked my security options, nothing there. 

I can't connect to the computer at all - won't see my camera

try downloading latest version, it not under OS13 its under OS12

or use apple's camera connect

R5, 6Dmkii, 5dmarkiv, and others

@dlacken wrote:

I can't connect to the computer at all - won't see my camera

Greetings,

Please start a new thread, and provide the following information:

Computer: PC or MAC, OS version and build"

Camera model?

Connection method?  Cable type, etc? Worked previously, never worked...  and any other information you believe is relevant.  Troubleshooting performed, error message, etc.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

vraptor567
Contributor

i just started using Apples Image capture utility, after finding the EOS utility was not copying all my images even when working

R5, 6Dmkii, 5dmarkiv, and others
Announcements