cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 New Firmware Release - v1.7.0 - Feedback Thread

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

FW v1.7.0 for the R5 has dropped.  I started this thread for people to leave their experiences and feedback.

Firmware Version 1.7.0 incorporates the following fixes:
1. Fixes an issue that, in rare instances, may result in the camera not operating normally when capturing small subjects.
2. Fixes minor issues.

Canon Support for EOS R5 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

17 REPLIES 17

rodrigopolo
Apprentice

I updated the firmware from v1.6 to v1.7 on Thursday September 8th 2022, Yesterday when I wanted to connect the camera to "Elgato Cam Link 4K" trough a "Micro-HDMI to HDMI" cable I used before, I got NO signal at all, I disconnected and reconnected the cable, change cables, change the video and HDMI settings, all with no avail, having somebody waiting for a video call. Later at night I discovered that turning off and on the camera while the HDMI cable was connected was the way to make the signal to work correclty, I suspected it was a firmware issue, so I downgraded to v1.6, and now it is working, meanwile, I broke a cable believing it was a cable issue. I also tried with an Atomos Nina V, it didn't worked with the v1.7, only by restarting the camera, but it works with v1.6, I was lucky to find how to downgrade the firmware: https://youtu.be/Akdy5u3MVII

Mksu1der
Apprentice

Below FloridaDrafter mentioned that he went to Support for the Firmware Version 1.7.0 update and it was not there, I'm experiencing the same issue.  He said he checked on another night and it was there, so is it appearing and disappearing for a reason?  Check back nightly...?

Thanks, Michael

Try Canon Canada 

Thank you Blueberry_Lover for the link, I'm a Win but I was able to find and download the update.  Now I know where to look next time.

Thanks again!  Michael

@Mksu1der wrote:

Below FloridaDrafter mentioned that he went to Support for the Firmware Version 1.7.0 update and it was not there, I'm experiencing the same issue.  He said he checked on another night and it was there, so is it appearing and disappearing for a reason?  Check back nightly...?

Thanks, Michael

Michael, I just checked (12/28/22 at 9:45 p.m. EST) and it is there.

Click Here.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Mksu1der
Apprentice

Thank you FloridaDrafter for the reply.  I'm on the west coast and I just checked again and it doesn't show up for me, only 1.6.0.  East and west coast servers..?  Strange, but thank you!

Michael

@Mksu1der wrote:

"East and west coast servers..?  Strange, but thank you!"

Michael

Possible, I guess, or your browser cache needs refreshed.

At least you got it, and that's the important thing. TBH, I stopped trying to figure out Khoros web design, LOL!

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Yosvaldy
Contributor

I upgraded my R5 and today after having the camera working fine for couple of shoots, I was talking with the client and after several minutes I wanted to take some pictures and the back screen was black, shutter was not working but I could see in the top screen all changes that I was doing (changing ISO, Aperture, etc). So I had to remove the battery and it kept working. This happened time ago with previous firmwares, I think the 1.4. Can’t recall. I don’t use it too much, and this has happened two times already. Crazy! 
I was using the RF 28-70mm, in case any lens issue known for this. 

Announcements