cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS CC 2017 and Canon Print Studio Pro

Chiotas
Contributor

Hi mates,

Since I updated to CC2017 I'm no more able to use Canon Print Studio Pro (latest 2.1 for Mac).

Actually is no more present in the Automate menu, and even if I try to reinstall the plugin I receive an error  (Impossible to create a folder + Impossible to install)

Am I the only one? Is there any trick? 

Best

12 REPLIES 12

The "Announcements" section of this forum seems to suggest that a fix may have come out four days ago.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks Robert! Unfortunately still not able to install 😞

I'm away from my MacBook, so I can't tell you exact files, but if you go into the PS2017 folder you can find the path to the plugin folder. 

Then, when you run the PSP installer it will give you the option of manually selecting a path for the installation. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Found this on DPReview. 

"If you will put your plug-ins in Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC folder, you will not have to re-install your plug-ins with every release. I have them there and found all my Nik plug-ins along with Topaz intact in PS CC 2017"

Fred Miranda

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1458878

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Got home to my computer.

For MaBook: 1. go into finder.  2. locate Photoshop CC2015 folder. 3. open folder, click open Plugins folder and copy everything in folder. 4. open PSCC2017 folder and paste the copied items into the Plugins folder.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Tried that but I found that when I am in the Print Studio Pro it won't recognize the Pro1000 printer even though it is up an running and I can print to it directly from the photoshop print menu

GaelicMemories
Contributor

Purchased the Canon Pro-10s running iMac  with High Sierra with the latest Canon drivers and Canon Studio Pro print,. The plugging for Studio Print installs into Photoshop CC 2018. Under automate there are two options Canon layout and Canon Studio Print Pro. Firstly the Canon layout won’t open, the Canon Studio opens and I can configure the settings, I click to Print and a box confirms my settings
Search instead for Purchased the Canon Pro-10s running lMac with High Sierra with the latest Canon drivers and Canon Studio Pro print,. The plugin for Studio Print installs into Photoshop CC 2018. Under automate there are two options Canon layout and Canon Studio Print Pro. Firstly the Canon layout won’t open, the Canon Studio opens and I can configure the settings, I click to Print and a box confirms my settings, confirming these I send to print, Photoshop immediately crashes and a message in the Print Studio box file not found. To add insult to injury when Photoshop is restarted it fails to remember the file I was trying to print. I have tried a number of times to resolve, used preview pdf and the preview is just a nest of lines and ruined two A3+ Platinum Plus papers.

There is definitely an issue with the Canon software and the Mac OX especially within Photoshop CC, it’s detailed on many forums but it appears that each company is pointing the finger at each other, whilst their loyal customers suffer the frustrations and loss of ink and paper.

Its about time Canon, Adobe and Apple to get this sorted and if they can’t then compensate those who choose to invest in their companies, I purchased my Canon printer based on the advertised features and compatibility with my chooser pc system, if these features don’t work then surely that’s a breach of contract. Here in Ireland we don’t get subsidies and cash backs like you guys in the US this printer cost me £500+ no free paper bundles like buy 1 get 4 free.

High Sierra has been available for sometime now, surely enough time to fix any issues identified by users. I just would like the printer to work is that really too much to ask?

As for the quality of the printer when I manage to coax into printing it’s amazing, blown away with the quality but it’s such a battle, time I could use running my photography business.

See here. Everything works as intended on my computers. The thread says PS CC 2017; your post and my example is for PS2018 (but it also worked fine in 2017).

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Print-Studio-Pro-Compatibility-with-Ph...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

GaelicMemories
Contributor
Many thanks, will have a look at the thread hopefully it can assist me resolving the issues.
Announcements