cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need original EOS Utility (CD) for my EOS 5D Mark ll

88mesonx
Contributor

Does anyone have an original EOS Utilities CD?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I have been doing some more digging and looked for a similar camera that came out about the same time.   I have discovered that the EOS 7D has the same software as your 5DII, as indicated by THIS document .  I have downloaded the software to a link HERE .

According to a file within the software disc (under Software Instructions Manual) this is also confirmed as shown:
EOS Utility 2.8 for 5DII.png

There is an update for this: 2.14.2a for which you need the original utility installed, hopefully you can get that sorted now.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@88mesonx wrote:

Does anyone have an original EOS Utilities CD?

Go to the support site for the EOS 1D X Mark III. Download EOS Utility 3.13. It will install EOSU2 which will work with your camera. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Does this help?  Canon 5D MkII downloads 

If this resolves your issue please mark this post as a solution, then others will know it's sorted.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

OK. Back to the original issue thread!   Since the link I sent doesn't work for you, I have located the solutions disc for my Canon EOS 5DIII.  Now I realize it's not the 5DII, but it's worth a try to download and try to install.  If not you have not lost anything.

Here is the complete contents of the install disc: Folder on MS Onedrive for Solutions Disc 

cheers, TREVOR

thank you, but does not seem to solve the problem.does not solve the problem

windows (64) on HP desktop solid state drive

need to download. Canon utilities allows the camera to interact with the computer; downloading is part of it.

When  you say does not solve the problem, are you referring to my first attempt or second one?  The way to do this is to download the files in sent in my last previous post onto a USB drive and use that to do the install from.   I tried it and it worked for me on another computer.  I am using Windows 10 Pro.

cheers, TREVOR

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Again, a quick search on the web has uncovered a copy of the utility for the 5DII at the Canon European site (shouldn't matter).  The version is for the 5DIII but it MAY work.

It would be very helpful to know two things please:

What operating system is your computer running?

What do you need the software to do for you: e.g. download files, control the camera etc.?

cheers, TREVOR

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I have been doing some more digging and looked for a similar camera that came out about the same time.   I have discovered that the EOS 7D has the same software as your 5DII, as indicated by THIS document .  I have downloaded the software to a link HERE .

According to a file within the software disc (under Software Instructions Manual) this is also confirmed as shown:
EOS Utility 2.8 for 5DII.png

There is an update for this: 2.14.2a for which you need the original utility installed, hopefully you can get that sorted now.

cheers, TREVOR

I believe this is very likely a correct solution. I found that my navigation skills were not up to the task, so I eventually went with a different solution which seemed a bit more straightforward for my skill level.

Thank you for your interest and help.

I believe it is a solution. my navigational skills are not up to this one. I found another route that is a bit easier (for me).

Thank you for your interest and help.

Announcements