cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 50D. Is there a way I can connect it to my I PAD and control the camera?

Soxfan43
Apprentice

4 REPLIES 4

hsbn
Whiz
Not without buying additional equipments. Currently 6D is the only Canon DSLR that can connect directly to the Ipad as is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Skirball
Authority

You could use Cam Ranger.

I don't use iPod, so I can't speak to wired connection (USB cable) apps.  On Android there are several apps that can do this with Canon cameras (e.g. DSLR Controller), so long as your tablet supports USB Host. 

cicopo
Elite

I just got an email from B & H and in one section it has this listed.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/indepth/photography/hands-reviews/view-dslr-photos-ipad-wirelessly-iusbp...

which is another option.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

amkrim
Apprentice

CamRanger, mentioned above, will essentially turn your iPad into a large remote rear panel. If you just need an intervalometer, Trigger Trap has all kinds of timing controls (time lapse, distance lapse, star trails, precise bulb timing,...) and runs wired for about $30 worth of cables; also works for iPhone/Touch and some Android phones. The apps for both are on iTunes.

Announcements