cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve cropped images taken in video modus in DPP4

MichielJansen
Contributor

I've taken pictures in video modus, due to a broken switch, so I had no option. I have raw files, which in finder say are 6000*4000 pixels, but in DPP4 I get a frame inside the picture (probably the video dimensions) and when editing the picture it's reduced to 6000*3376, so I'm missing quite a bit. How can I get these pixels back? Or get rid of the frame in the thumbnail?

canon.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Click "clear" in the crop module.

Skärmbild från 2024-02-16 18-08-41.png

View solution in original post

@MichielJansen wrote:

Yes I do.
btw. in darktable or affinity (which I use) I don't get these crop lines. But I need to work in DPP

I just opened your CR2 in DPP 4, opened the crop tool, clicked "Clear", and the crop frame went away, same as Peter. Windows 10 Pro, DPP ver. 14.18.10.0.

DPP Crop Tool-1.jpg

DPP Crop Tool-2.jpg

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Yes I do.
btw. in darktable or affinity (which I use) I don't get these crop lines. But I need to work in DPP

@MichielJansen wrote:

Yes I do.

I just opened your CR2 in DPP 4, opened the crop tool, clicked "Clear", and the crop frame went away, same as Peter. Windows 10 Pro, DPP ver. 14.18.10.0.

DPP Crop Tool-1.jpg

DPP Crop Tool-2.jpg

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Sorry, was to focussed on darktable and didn't see Peter switched to dpp again. It works thanks a lot.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@MichielJansen wrote:

I've taken pictures in video modus, due to a broken switch, so I had no option.......

Respectfully, the "broken switch" should be where you start.  

Contact Support and get the camera repaired.  

MyCanon

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Respectfully, what a useless reply. It's already been repaired. But it's hard to get somebody from Canon when your up a mountain and it happens and you need to take the pictures!

@MichielJansen wrote:

Respectfully, what a useless reply. It's already been repaired. But it's hard to get somebody from Canon when your up a mountain and it happens and you need to take the pictures!

Sorry, but without any mention or reference, how could I possibly have known this. 🤔

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

the: 'I had no option' gave something away.

And fixing the button did not fix my pictures!

Sorry, but your sentence of "I've taken pictures in video modus, due to a broken switch, so I had no option." does imply that the camera was indeed broken, so why wouldn't the recommendation be to fix it? You had not mentioned that you previously had it repaired, but that it broke again.  Or, that your current situation precludes you from sending it in to repair and thus you need a short-term workaround.

People on this forum are only trying to help.  So help us help you by being polite.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I know people try to help, but I hate remarks which don't answer the question and are just 'mansplaining' (can't find another word for it now.

How could repairing the button help fix pictures previously taken?

Announcements