cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve cropped images taken in video modus in DPP4

MichielJansen
Contributor

I've taken pictures in video modus, due to a broken switch, so I had no option. I have raw files, which in finder say are 6000*4000 pixels, but in DPP4 I get a frame inside the picture (probably the video dimensions) and when editing the picture it's reduced to 6000*3376, so I'm missing quite a bit. How can I get these pixels back? Or get rid of the frame in the thumbnail?

canon.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Click "clear" in the crop module.

Skärmbild från 2024-02-16 18-08-41.png

View solution in original post

@MichielJansen wrote:

Yes I do.
btw. in darktable or affinity (which I use) I don't get these crop lines. But I need to work in DPP

I just opened your CR2 in DPP 4, opened the crop tool, clicked "Clear", and the crop frame went away, same as Peter. Windows 10 Pro, DPP ver. 14.18.10.0.

DPP Crop Tool-1.jpg

DPP Crop Tool-2.jpg

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Peter
Authority
Authority

Can you share an affected raw file?

It's to large to post here, so here's a link to the file.
Open file

Seems to force me to login. WeTransfer or GoogleDrive instead? If you choose Google Drive, don't forget to share the file in the settings.

Wetransfer it is 🙂

https://we.tl/t-zwVIzfEDDe

Skärmbild från 2024-02-16 17-37-06.png

I haven't checked with DPP yet, but everything is in the file.

Yeah I see. And I managed, but I still cannot open it the right way in DPP. I really want to edit it in DPP. I tried to make a copy, but that gives the same problems...

Click "clear" in the crop module.

Skärmbild från 2024-02-16 18-08-41.png

I couldn't find 'clear' only reset. This didn't resolve the 'crop' made by the camera. In DPP it still gives the margine or crop lines.

Do you have the latest release of DPP?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements