cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help finding really old EOS 20D camera driver software for download

kmarko
Apprentice

Hi - I'm new to the community and hoping someone will be able to help me. My daughter is taking up photography, and I'm bringing my very old EOS 20D out of retirement for her to use to see if the interest sticks, before investing in a new Canon for her. I'm trying to get the 20D to connect to her Mac, but have no driver software. I can't seem to find it for download anywhere on the Canon site (only see image editing stuff). Would be so appreciative if anyone could direct me where to find driver downloads. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You shouldn't need any software to transfer pictures from the camera to the computer. You should be able to connect the camera via USB cable and use the mac's file explorer software to copy the images from the camera's memory card to the computer. A better solution would be to remove the memory card from the camera and use a card reader to copy the images to the computer. That is how I do it.

Thanks, I tried both ways and it gives an error trying to access the card while in the camera. And it isn't connecting to my card reader either, leading me to think I need some sort of driver software for both devices to connect to this Mac. New Mac...old camera and old card reader. I found a low cost new card reader that claims to plug and play on the Mac so I'm going to get it, and hope that solves it! Thanks for the reply. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome. It should work with the new card reader. If you want to re-visit the USB cable to camera file transfer, I have heard that on the newer mac OS there is a setting to allow USB port connections to devices. I don't have a mac computer, so I can't give specifics on how to do that.

Peter
Authority
Authority

Screenshot_20230820-083642.jpg

 What if you change Communication from Normal to PTP or PTP to Normal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good catch. Some of the older cameras have that selection.

Announcements