Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU3 will not recognize my EOS 1DX Mk iii on MacOS Ventura


I've downloaded the latest version of EU on my MacOS Ventura. The app will start, but it doesn't seem to recognize my camera. None of the icons result in any action. I've used EU for years with other (older) Macs, but this one just works differently. It seems that EU should support MacOS Ventura, but it won't respond... it starts, but that's as far as it goes. ANy ideas???




MacBook Air M2, macOS Ventura 13.4, EOSU 3.16.12, EOS 1D X Mark III

I can connect to EOSU3 if I connect camera to the USB-C port closest to the MagSafe power connector. Not recognized if I connect to the other USB-C port.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That was a good guess, but unfortunately, it did not work for me. There is a random-ness to the failures. About 95% of the time, EU3 will not start - the other 5% of the time it does, and when it does, picture downloading at least, works normally. There also seems to be a contention between Apple's Image Capture app and EU3. For example, after connecting the camera to the USB-C port next to the magsafe connector, and getting no response (no EU3 connection), I tried launching Image Capture, and then suddenly EU3 launched, but Image Capture did not connect - did not even register the camera . I tried other permuations, combinations and sequences of USB ports, powering the camera up & down, etc, but only managed one successful connection out of about 50 attempts.

The technique I've had best success with is this:

  1. With camera turned OFF, start Image Capture and EU3
  2. Turn the camera ON
  3. It seems in all cases, ONE OF the apps (Image Capture or EU3) will recognize & connect to the camera, the other app won't. The majority of connects go to Image Capture.
  4. This behavior is approximately the same for all 3 of the USB connectors.

My conclusion is that this is an incompatibility/"bug" between macOS and EU3. I wonder if it might be possible to disable Image Capture to eliminate the contention, but I've found no way to do that yet.


08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.

07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.

CR-N700 - Version 1.2.0

CR-N500 - Version 1.3.0

CR-N300 - Version 1.3.0

CR-X300 - Version 1.1.0

06/30/2023: New firmware version is available for EOS-R5 C

05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.

EOS R6 Mark II - Version 1.1.2

EOS R6 - Version 1.8.2

EOS R7 - Version 1.3.1

05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.

EOS Rebel T100 - Version 1.1.0

EOS Rebel T7 - Version 1.2.0

EOS 5D Mark IV - Version 1.4.0

EOS 6D Mark II - Version 1.2.0

PowerShot Elph 360HS - Version

PowerShot SX420 IS - Version

PowerShot 620 HS - Version

PowerShot SX720 HS - Version

PowerShot G1X Mark III - Version

PowerShot G7X Mark II - Version

PowerShot G9X Mark II - Version


04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3

03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.

EOS R5 - Version 1.8.1

EOS 1DX Mark III- Version 1.7.1

Speedlite EL-1 - Version 1.0.2

03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EF50 F1.2 L USM

03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EOS R10

02/24/2023: We've updated Share Your Photos

2/07/2023: New product announcements!

EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
01/09/2023: Help ensure your autofocus is properly aligned with a Canon Precision Alignment
01/03/2023: Welcome to CES 2023!
12/08/2022: New firmware version is available for EOS C70
12/07/2022: New firmware version 1.7.0 is available for EOS R5