cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility for Rebel T7

materry0312
Contributor

On the EOS utility page to download the appropriate software for my camera, the Rebel T7 isn't listed as an option. Do I need to use a version for a different camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous wrote:

Try connecting the camera to the computer, either by a cable or Wi-Fi. Then open the EOS Utility. If the software doesn't see the camera, it won't do anything.

If it is installed correctly and functioning this splash screen should appear when EOSU3 is started up. Camera doesn't need to be connected for this.

Do you see this splash screen?

Screenshot 2023-06-07 081816.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What operating system?

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-rebel-t7

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

materry0312
Contributor

Thank you! That link took me to the appropriate software but unfortunately the app doesn't actually work after downloaded. I'll keep troubleshooting. 

What operating system?

What is actually happening when you say it doesn’t work. Doesn't install, doesn’t open, doesn’t find camera etc. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm using windows 11. Most of the time the app doesn't even open, when it does open it doesn't do anything. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't help.

I am on W10, so I can't help with a W11 problem. One thing to try is to open EOSU3 directly in the Canon Utilities folder rather than the utility launcher.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try connecting the camera to the computer, either by a cable or Wi-Fi. Then open the EOS Utility. If the software doesn't see the camera, it won't do anything.

@Anonymous wrote:

If it is installed correctly and functioning this splash screen should appear when EOSU3 is started up. Camera doesn't need to be connected for this.

Do you see this splash screen?

Screenshot 2023-06-07 081816.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for your help! After a lot of troubleshooting I finally got it to work. 

Thats great.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements