cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 40D Utility Software

REHolt
Apprentice

I have an EOS 40D I purchased new right after it came out. I recently got a new computer, after a hard drive crash. I was able to download the Digital Professional software and the Picture Style editor software, by using the camera serial number; however, I can only download the EOS Utility Update software, no full installation. When I try to install the update, it tries to find the CD, which I no longer have. Is there any way to get the EOS Utility software? 

Robert Holt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go to the Canon support page for the 40D and select the W8.1 option. Then you can download a digital image of the rigianl CD. Install EOSU from that image and then install the 2.14 updater.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 185811.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go to the Canon support page for the 40D and select the W8.1 option. Then you can download a digital image of the rigianl CD. Install EOSU from that image and then install the 2.14 updater.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 185811.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John;

Thanks for the reply. It solved my problem perfectly!

Robert Holt

Just purchased a used EOS 40D. Never used a camera before, so really new to this forum.

How do I find the W8.1 option you are referencing. I got as far as selecting the 40D page and selected operating system. The file name you have on your screenshot is not in the options.

When you have the operating system selection on Windows use the dropdown arrow to select 8.1.

Screenshot 2023-12-06 145032.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ok, got my answer to previous question. Selected Windows 8.1. download in progress.

Announcements