cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not upload videos from Vixia hf r72 to my computer

nevermind2000
Apprentice

Hi

I am unable to upload new videos to my computer when using my canon utilities camerawindow dc program

fireware version 1.0.0.0

When I click on import images from camera it gives me a message failed to import. When it always would just start downloading the images previously. I have used two different usb cords but same result.

I can see the vidoes on the LCD screen. However, when I look on the computer under untransferred images it just

shows a big ? where the thumbnail video would normally be.

I'm just not understanding what is the issue as it just started.

My operating system is Windows 10 Pro 

HP Elitie

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Nevermind2000,

Thank you for posting.

To allow us to better assist you, please reply with the following information:

1. When transferring movies, is your camcorder powered by its compact power adapter (Recommended)?
  2. If your computer is a desktop model, are you plugging your camcorder into the back of the computer (Recommended)?
  3. With your camcorder connected to your computer and powered on, on the playback mode, what do you see on yuor camcorder's display?
    • Does your computer respond (beeps, windows, etc)?
  4. Have you recorded your movies in AVCHD or MP4?
  5. Did you record to your camera's built-in memory or to a memory card?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

1. Yes

2. Just did now.  It still gave me same message so still same problem. I have never attached to the back becasue it is so hard. I have attached to front and never had an issue. I have download over a years worth of videos.

3. Shows auto to the left and the battery time remaining to the right. then it goes to usb connection after I push the arrow button.

4. MP4

5. I think the internal. I don't think I had figured out how to get it onto the memory card which was irritating.

Announcements