cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZR25MC tape does not eject

Thompjet1962
Apprentice

Tape starts to eject but stops after moving out about one eigth inch. After a few seconds tape carrige will move back.

Had same problem repaired under warranty. 

The tape that is in camera Will not play, fast forward or reverse. Shows "eject tape" error message.

Found fix online that involves manually advancing tape that has been rewound to begining of tape which allowed tape to be used again but this was a different cannon camcorder that let the tape eject so it could be manually advanced.

Since ZR25MC will not eject tape I can't manually advance tape. 

Any suggestions for getting camera to fully eject tape

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Thompjet1962 wrote:

Tape starts to eject but stops after moving out about one eigth inch. After a few seconds tape carrige will move back.

Had same problem repaired under warranty. 

The tape that is in camera Will not play, fast forward or reverse. Shows "eject tape" error message.

Found fix online that involves manually advancing tape that has been rewound to begining of tape which allowed tape to be used again but this was a different cannon camcorder that let the tape eject so it could be manually advanced.

Since ZR25MC will not eject tape I can't manually advance tape. 

Any suggestions for getting camera to fully eject tape

Tape?  I'm surprised that your unit still works halfway, with so many moving mechanical parts.  I can offer no suggestions.  I'm not even sure if Canon still supports repairing that model.

http://www.canon.com/c-museum/en/product/dvc676.html

I have found your camera in the Canon Museum, though.  If you try to force it, it is almost a certainty that you will break something.  Should try to disassemble it to remove the tape, don't forget to remove the battery, and then allow sufficient time for any of the power supply circuits to discharge themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thompjet1962
Apprentice
Hi, w'dizzle Thanks for reply. Actually the ZR25 hasn't "worked" in years, last tape recorded in '92 at Disney with my 4 year old twin grandaughters who are seniors in high school now. Several years ago I decided to transfer tapes to PC hard drive. In that process the ole "eject tape" warning came up on screen and camera refused to give it back. Unfortunately, only two of the three tapes shot at Disney had made it to PC. I wanted to finally get the last tape (lost episodes ) put on computer, so I have been hoping to find a way to finish the transfer of tapes not yet moved to hard drive.
The ZR25 made great movies when it was new, sadly all those moving parts didn't last.
A total of twelve 60 min. tapes are all I got out of the camcorder which I paid over $400.00 (I think) before it died. Canon will work on it as will local camera repair shop for a BIG price. Not worth it! so I left it in shop to retrieve tape for thirty bucks , then I'm going to open it up to see what it looks like inside. I love to take stuff apart, don't you dizzle?

Thompjet1962
Apprentice
By the way Waddi, FYI, that museum link is not still active.
I might buy a used ZR25 on Ebay. (Several offered for $50 to $100)
Would like to load all 12 tapes to hard drive so I can edit and burn to DVD later.
Have a nice Easter W.D.
Announcements