cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon A1 Camcorder gets eject message when inserting tape

gbcox
Apprentice

Hi, I have an old camcorder that was purchased in 1990.  I know it's out of warranty, but now when I insert a tape, it just displays an eject message.  The power seems fine, and the mechanism seems fine also, it loads and ejects with no issue, it just won't load the tape.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This can be caused by several things.  Try testing with another tape.

If it happens with others, the device has malfunctioned and has likely reached the end of its useable life.   (32 yrs)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

gbcox
Apprentice

I found a more helpful reply which explains the issue:  https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Camcorders/Keep-getting-quot-eject-message/td-p/8791

Regardless of age, if a product is not abused or misused a company should always stand behind it's products.  I'll contact the customer service department.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

By all means do that.  Unfortunately, age does matter regardless of how well the device was cared for.  I'm sure you took great care of it.  However, Canon will not service a 32 yr old device, but I'll let them tell you that.

A1 - Canon Camera Museum (global.canon)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements