cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try to view my downloaded video footage all my computer gives me is a jpeg image.

Racheldawn
Apprentice

I just purchased a Canon Vixia HF R300 camcorder, downloaded the Pixela Transfer Version 2.5, and imported a sample video from my camera to my four-year-old Dell laptop that runs of Windows XP.  The Pixela program showed that the import was completed without a problem, but then when I tried to play the video all that my computer would give me is a single jpeg image from the video.  That' it.  Just one still of the opening shot.  What happened to the video? 

Thanks for you help.  It's enough that I have to purchase an external mic in order to escape the sound of the camera, now I can't even play my videos on my computer.  Dang.

Rachel

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Racheldawn,

The movies from your camcorder are stored in the MTS or MP4 format, depending on the settings.

When transferring movies, please ensure that your camera is in the movie playback mode.

If you had already done this, please contact us for further assistance.  Please click here for contact options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, Richard.  I followed your advice (this is the same Richard from Canon, right?) and downloaded Videolan VLS and now my computer can read mts files.  Problem solved.  Thanks so much.

Rachel

Announcements