cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R82 play button doesn't work! I can't access my files?!?! I have super important videos!

jmeno1
Apprentice

I want to put my videos from this past year on my computer and for some reason when I press the play button to access my files nothing happens!!! I looked at the settings and I have no idea why this is happening! If anyone has any ideas please help. Thank You!!!

1 REPLY 1

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

How do you transfer your footage to your computer?  Sounds like you have a video capture card and need to play back the footage on the camcorder and record onto the computer?

Is your footage on the built-in memory, or is it on a removable SD card?  If the latter, do you have an SD card reader for your computer?   If all the footage is only on the built-in memory, get an appropriate SD card and try to copy the footage onto it.   See the User Manual for details.

For the future, I strongly recommend backing up your footage after each project.  Look into an SD card from a reputable brand, purchased from a reputable source (e.g. SanDisk from B&H Photo and Video).  Make sure to use full-sized SD cards and not micro SD cards with adapters.

If you'll also be capturing once-in-a-lifetime footage, do look into upgrading to a camcorder with dual memory slots.  While not a guarantee, you're footage can be captured to two cards at the same time.  Still though, after the footage is captured, transfer to your computer and also make backups.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements