cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R700 will no longer transfer videos to PC

mah1124
Contributor

It has worked fine for about three  years.  Now the newer videos are shown as question marks in CameraWindow.  Windows File Explorer finds the folders but says they are empty.  On the camera itself, I can view the videos.

9 REPLIES 9

Tim
Authority

Hello mah1124, 

We recommend updating the software from our web site.  Click here for a direct link. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your response.  Assuming you mean the CameraWindow software, I tried this, and it didn't help.

I checked, and my software is up to date.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please test with another SD Card.  Format this card in the camera, and test capturing, viewing and transferring video.

If this works, the problem is with the other card (usually its formatting)

If the same behavior occurs, you may want to reset all settings and retest.

Its important that only full size SD cards are used, not micro cards with adapters.

Recommended Cards:

60P (NTSC)/50P (PAL) recording: Memory cards of class 6 or higher For both AVCHD and MP4, Class 4 or higher-speed memory cards are recommended in the high-image-quality and full-HD standard modes. Slow & Fast motion at 0.5x speed: Memory cards of class 6 or higher Any class of card may be used for photo shooting.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Well, this same card has worked for three years, and some videos that are still on it from a year ago can still be uploaded.  It is just the more recent videos that have the problem.

Greetings,

I understand based on your post in the other thread.  Worked 3 yrs ago, but not now. 

Testing with another card should help determine if the problem is with the card or the camera. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I will try that.  But I am trying to understand why I can watch the videos on the camera but the computer won't recognize them.  But I've also tried different computers with the same result.

When I tried another card, it worked correctly.  But is there a way to get the videos off of the first card?  I can watch them on the camera, so I know they are recorded and viewable.  I just can't get them from the camera to a computer.

Thanks for your help.

If you've only tried downloading to your PC from the camera using the USB port, I'd suggest getting a card reader and see if that works any better. It will help a to save on the camera's battery drain as well.

Announcements