cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF G21

Apprentice

When my Vixia HF G21 is on, a small white box appears at the top of the LCD touch screen. The box does not appear on recorded video. However, when I use the camcorder as a webcam, the small white box does appear on the video conference feed.

Is there a way to disable the white box when using the camcorder as a webcam? Thanks for any help.

7 REPLIES 7

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Based on what you describe I believe what you are seeing is that autofocus area box. this should go away if you switch the camera to manual focus or to face detection autofocus as shown on page 47 of the manual below.

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0300027918/02/vixiahfg21-im2-en.pdf

I have tried each of your suggestions, but the autofocus area box remains  on the screen in each of those situations. Any other suggestions?

Hi,

Sorry to hear it didn't work, does the same show up when you connect the camcorder to a tv?

I connected it to multiple tv's and the white focus box still appears on the TV screens.

@8282306690 wrote:

I connected it to multiple tv's and the white focus box still appears on the TV screens.

Is it the center icon that shows? If so, go to the far right menu and where it says output onscreen displays, turn it off and when it is connected to an external device, the square should disappear. Did that work?

It worked! That's exactly the solution to my problem. Thanks for sharing the info.

That white square is a standby box when you have an SD card in any of the 2 slots and it is ready to record at any moment.

Announcements