cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF R800 - live streaming help please!!!

BloomDitto
Apprentice

Just received the Vixia HF R800 camcorder and am afraid I am missing a huge step.  Powered up, connected to laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad) with OBS and the laptop isn't recongizing the camcorder, and it doesnt look like the camcorder is recongizing it's connected either.  Using HDMI connector.  I'm a tech rookie and did all the restarts, power on/off, etc and this is starting to really bum us out.  We want to use the VIXIA for live streaming but can't get past step 2 (step 1 was it turned on and works as a camcorder).  Help, please!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Have you done this kind of live streaming on this computer before? Most often the issue I find is that most computers have an HDMI port that is output only and doesn't allow a signal input which would mean a separate capture device would be needed to convert a USB connection to HDMI input.

Otherwise, as long as the camcorder is connected to an HDMI input and switched on in the camera recording mode, the signal will go through the HDMI cable at 1080 60i.

Thanks @Mark35mmF2.  I have NOT done any streaming with this computer before.  Your insight makes sense and will likely need to go the route of a capture device to get this camcorder to do what I want it to.  Thanks for the quick reply!

jdarby
Apprentice

I can report the same issue. I have several other video cameras which work right out of the box, but not this model.

Hi jdarby,

Thanks for checking in.

It is possible that your setup does not work well with the output signal of the camera, which is 1920 x 1080 at 60 frames per second interlaced, as Mark mentioned. Other cameras have more output options.

Doing livestreaming from the camera to the computer usually involves an I/O device that turns the signal into something that the computer can more easily work with. That's why it might help if you elabobrate on your setup.

Appreciate your response. Since posting, the camera is boxed up and I got a new Panasonic HC-V770

Announcements