cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My HF R62 does not show up under devices on my Macbook Pro

williamjsmith7
Apprentice

We want to use this camera to upload videos to a website for further viewing.  With our previous camera, we were able to connect via USB.  Go to the website and pull those files directly from the camera. However, this camera does not show up under devices, which means the only way to upload to the websit would be to import the videos, then upload (which would take forever).  Any suggestions???

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, williamjsmith7!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of Mac OS X is running on your Macbook Pro. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

My operating system is OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Hi williamjsmith7,

Power is very important for the connection of your camcorder.

• When you connect your camcorder to your computer, please remember to power it with the Compact Power Adapter CA-110.
  • When you plug your camcorder into your computer, if the computer's a desktop, please plug your camcorder into the back of the computer.
  • If your laptop is a laptop, please power the computer with household (A.C.) current.

When you plug your camcorder into your computer as suggested above, then turn the camcorder on in the video playback mode, what do you see on the camcorder's display?

Does your computer respond? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

When I plug my camera is everything is powered up.  When I hit the play buttom I am able to go into photos and import from the camera, but the camera does not show in devices in my finder.  So in order to upload the files to the website I either have to import them to the computer first (takes too long) or record to an SD card and then upload which usually makes the upload time a little longer

Hi Williamjsmith7,

On Yosemite, this camcorder does not mount as was the case with our previous camcorders. To transfer AVCHD movies, we recommend the use of Pixela's Transfer Utility LE. You may access this software from http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/canon/e/.

For the transfer of MP4 movies, we recommend using the Canon CameraWindow.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements