cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HFR300 Recording error

smccown
Apprentice

After several years of use I was recording a MP4 video and when I went to replay it had a "?" mark where the video should have been and said it cannot play back.. Any suggestions   would be greatly appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It's likely that the clip has become corrupted.  This can occur if the camera is shut off or loses power while still trying to record.   Or, the memory card has gone bad.

Sometimes the camera can try to repair the file, but it sounds like it cannot in this case.  About the only thing I can recommend is copy the file to your computer and see if any parts of the file is salvagable.   If it was really crucial footage, could also look at data recovery services.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It's likely that the clip has become corrupted.  This can occur if the camera is shut off or loses power while still trying to record.   Or, the memory card has gone bad.

Sometimes the camera can try to repair the file, but it sounds like it cannot in this case.  About the only thing I can recommend is copy the file to your computer and see if any parts of the file is salvagable.   If it was really crucial footage, could also look at data recovery services.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

smccown
Apprentice

Ricky,

Thank you for the advice as I am going to start by replacing the SD card.

Steve

Announcements