cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting camcorder to computer

lo6308
Apprentice

I have had a Vixia HF R500 for a couple of years, and have never had any problem transferring my videos from the camcorder to my laptop until now. I accidently removed my Pixela transfer utility le program, and now I find out that Pixela no longer supports Canon camcorders. So now I can't transfer my videos.  I have tried to re-install the transfer utiltiy le to my computer, but it will  not re-install. Surely there must be some other free program that I can get to be able to transfer vidoes.  Hope someone can help.  Another problem is that when I plug in my HDMI cord from the camera to my computer, the prompt says that the connection is now recognized, even though the sound from my computer seems to indicate that there is a connection. The USB connection shows up on the camera screen, but touching it does nothing. Other than that, all is fine.

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lo6308,

The Pixela ImageMixer software we offer is provided through a partnership with Pixela. At this point they are no longer providing support for the software, but you can get whatever programs they still offer from the link below:
http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/canon/e/index_biz.html

For additional assistance, you may wish to contact our phone support line by calling us at (800)652-2666 on M-F from 9am-7pm EST and then select the camcorder department.

lo6308
Apprentice

I was able to contact Canon Support and talked to a technician about my problem. I had to wait on hold for approximately 20 minutes, but fortunately was able to finally talk to a very helpful technician. Unfortunately, the battery on my phone ran out, and I was unable to tell him that I received enough information from him to resolve my problem.  It is not necessary to have a video transfer software to transfer videos from my camcorder to my computer. Using the Windows 10 "Photos" program, videos can be imported from the camcorder to the computer.  Just type in photos in the space beside the start button at the bottom left of the computer. Go to the top right of the "Photos" program. On my computer I have to click on the three horizontal dots which opens the "import" option. Be sure the camcorder is attached to the computer using the USB cord that came with the camcorder. Also, be sure that your camcorder is in the playback mode by pushing the button below the on/off button on the camcorder. Then simply click the import option, and walla, your videos are imported into the computer, and are available in the videos category on your computer.  Thank you so much to the tech who I talked to, and I'm sorry about the telephone cutoff. The problem was driving me nuts trying to figure out how to use the USB to import the videos without the Transfer LE program that is no longer available.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements